Reckon One is a lightweight, low-cost accounting application designed for micro and small businesses. Its cheapest plan costs $10 per month. It has a modular design that is highly flexible. A business can buy a basic accounting and bank feeds plan with automated bank reconciliation for $20 a month, with a limit of 1,000 transactions. Adding invoices costs $27 a month, and $34 to add expense management.
Most competitors offer higher-priced and fully featured starter plans but no low-cost options. Reckon One aims to suit sole traders with minimal accounting requirements.
- Simple interface is easy to use for non-accountant users
- Very cost effective for micro businesses and self-employed that only need one or two modules
- Simple dashboard makes it easy to track important metrics
- Free migration from competing products
- No inventory module
- Cost of modules can quickly add up for small businesses
- Unsuitable for growing businesses that need more features
- Very few integrations with third-party apps and services
List of Modules
Payments and expenses
Track and report GST for BAS
Cash flow in real-time
Invoices and bills
Reckon hasn’t made any acquisitions that have obviously contributed to the development of Reckon One since its relaunch in 2016.
Explore other guides in our collection covering new technology, ERPs and more.
Software Guide: Oracle NetSuite
Software Guide: Sage Intacct
Software Guide: Xero
Select the next module below, or go back to view the others.