Reckon One is a lightweight, low-cost accounting application designed for micro and small businesses. Its cheapest plan costs $10 per month. It has a modular design that is highly flexible. A business can buy a basic accounting and bank feeds plan with automated bank reconciliation for $20 a month, with a limit of 1,000 transactions. Adding invoices costs $27 a month, and $34 to add expense management.
Most competitors offer higher-priced and fully featured starter plans but no low-cost options. Reckon One aims to suit sole traders with minimal accounting requirements.
- Simple interface is easy to use for non-accountant users
- Very cost effective for micro businesses and self-employed that only need one or two modules
- Simple dashboard makes it easy to track important metrics
- Free migration from competing products
- No inventory module
- Cost of modules can quickly add up for small businesses
- Unsuitable for growing businesses that need more features
- Very few integrations with third-party apps and services
List of Modules
Payments and expenses
Track and report GST for BAS
Cash flow in real-time
Invoices and bills
Reckon hasn’t made any acquisitions that have obviously contributed to the development of Reckon One since its relaunch in 2016.